24 August 2005

Week 2 & 3 of the EPL

Chelsea here, Chelsea there, Chelsea everyf*ckinwhere
OK, so we won by a lucky goal against an Arse that played poorly but we woke up against West Brom: nice Frankie goals - the new father - & a sweet baby celebration by all the boys; and wow - Joey Cole went from summer highlights to a Frankie-wannabe no-hair do...... can you please bring back your cute spikey hair Joey? I think new boy Del Horno has been a solid player in both games. And where did Titi disappear to during the Chelsea game? Jenny actually thought he was subbed off after not seeing him for the most of the second half!

Arsenal v Fulham

At least Titi showed up for this game..... even if he began by "winning" a penalty Pires-style within the first 10 minutes. Oh sweet justice when Lauren's shot was saved! But Captain Fantastic came back in style in the second half with 2 goals. Poor Fulham, they started off so brightly - penalty saved & scoring first.... I thought it was going to Chris Coleman's day.

Spurs Love

I've heard the requests, so here it is.... I am impressed. Great start to the season, a great coach, some amazing strikers.... little Mickey Owen better watch out - if he can't get a game, Defoe is going to steal his England spot; just check out his fantastic goal against Middlesbrough. A point away from home against Blackburn & ahead of Arse in the tables = best beginning of the season ever for all you Spurs fans out there. No wonder I chose Robinson for my fantasy football goalkeeper!

Liverpool v Sunderland
yay! Luis Garcia got a hiarcut & he's as cute as ever! Wish I could say the same about Cisse's hair......... at least I was distracted by the lovely freekick from Xavi.

6 comments:

Elisa said...

Liverpool is grinding out the wins. Ugh!

But Arsenal finally looked a little like the old team. I cannot believe that Mr. Clean scored 2 goals. Titi's goals were class. Great game but Berkie has to chill out. JAR was looking fine and playing quite well, I might add.

Pete A. said...

I find it unable to comment on the Arsenal-Chelsea game. Much more encouraged by the Fulham game. of course Fulhams - well Fulham.
2 goals for Cygan. Are the nether regions freezing or WHAT!
I find it hard to dislike Chelsea, because I can't bring myself to hate any of their players, though lucky loo Drogba is nearing the "red zone" on my hate meter.
I even like Mourinho,needs his buzzcut back though. It's some of the smug Chelsea fans that rile me somewhat. I don't blame them for being ecstatic, but establish a winning tradition first.
What happens when Putin ships Abramovich to Siberia, and Jose leaves for Barcelona? Besides the sounds of ass*les puckering all through SE London?

Anonymous said...

Well how 'bout Newcastle? No goals this season and not even looking close to getting any.
Big Sam & Diana's Bolton boys looked to be toying with them.

Then NUFC ends the week with having two transfer deals set - Owen & Luque to join our lads.

Well maybe. To be continued...

Anonymous said...

And What no love for my Man City boys, sitting on 7 points and third in the prem, I am hurt that we get overlooked.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Spurs love. I fear for this weekend, however. With King and Routledge out -- and likely Tainio as well thanks to Blackburn -- we're not nearly at full strength. I'm worried that whichever of the champs' wingers that Jose does not currently have in the doghouse will have the run of the field.

Elisa said...

The Pool and the Gooners with a break - damn I forgot and my fantasy football took a big dive.

Oh well. Why is Bolton sitting Borgetti on the bench? Get him out!

When is Fifa going to wake up to the Ceska/Chelsea connection with Abramovich? Hmm?